You can edit settings for each project, map and view in Kumu.
Before diving in, make sure you:
After reading this you'll know:
- Where to find project, map, and view settings
- Which options are available in each
- Where to go for additional guidance on changing the settings
Locations of the various settings menus
Project settings are accessed via the menu in the upper left of your map.
Within the project settings, you have the following options:
- Overview. Add a project overview for everyone to see. On this page, you can also add a project license and access our Licensing Guide if you need help.
- Presentations. Create, edit, and publish presentations to walk others through your project. Break apart complexity using the slide format of presentations, adding text, images, videos, and snapshots of your maps.
- Issues. Access issues for the particular project. Issues give you and your team a forum to discuss the project and suggest changes and improvements as you’re collaborating on a map.
- Help. Access videos, docs, and keyboard shortcuts.
- Fields. Manage the fields for your project. Add and edit new fields, change field relevance (which fields appear in the profiles for elements, connections, and loops), and manage field appearance and behavior.
- Members. Give others access to edit your map. Learn more about collaborating in Kumu.
- Embeds. Create an iFrame to embed your map on another site.
- Trash. View and empty the project trash. If you delete an element from a map (and it isn't included in any other map), it ends up in the trash. Remember to empty your trash before reimporting a spreadsheet to make sure the elements and connections from the trash aren't pulled back into the map!
- Admin. Switch from public to private (and vice versa), delete a project, or rename a project.
- Fork project. Create a copy of a project. Learn more about forking.
- Switch project. Navigate back to your dashboard to work in a different project.
- New project. Create a new project.
Map settings are accessed from the map sidebar via the more button (...) in the upper right corner.
Each map has the following settings:
- Default view. Select the default view for a map. This is the view that will automatically load when someone visits the map.
- Default element behavior. Set whether new elements should be fixed or floating. Note: This does not change the behavior of existing elements (use
akeystroke to select all and then pin/unpin).
- Default connection direction. Set whether new connections should be undirected, directed, or mutual.
- Undirected. No arrows will appear at either end of the connection.
- Directed. An arrow will appear at the leading end of the connection.
- Mutual. Arrows will appear at both ends of the connection.
View settings are accessed via the Settings icon on the right side of the map. If you want to save, rename, duplicate, or delete a view, you can click the ... icon in the upper right. You can also use that icon to set the default view for the current map.
To learn more about editing the view itself (for example, adding decorations, filtering, changing default settings, etc.), read the guide on View Editors.