Project settings are accessed via the menu icon in the upper left of your map (on the top toolbar).
Within the project settings, you have the following options:
- Overview. Add a project overview and a license for everyone to see.
- Presentations. Create, edit, and publish presentations to walk others through your project. Break down your complex project using the slide format of presentations, adding text, images, videos, and fully interactive map slides.
- Issues. Access issues for the project. Issues give you and your team a forum to discuss the project and suggest changes and improvements as you’re collaborating on a map.
- Help. Access how-to videos, the docs, our open Slack team, and a list of keyboard shortcuts.
- Fields. Manage the fields for your project. Add and edit new fields, change field relevance (which fields appear in the profiles for elements, connections, and loops), and manage field appearance and behavior.
- Members. Give other people access to edit your map. Learn more about collaborating in Kumu.
- Embeds. Create a shareable link to a map, or create an iFrame to embed your map on another site.
- Trash. View and empty the trash for your project.
- Fork project. Create a copy of a project. Learn more about forking.
- Switch project. Navigate back to your dashboard.
- New project. Create a new project.
Map settings are accessed from the map sidebar via the ellipsis icon ... in the upper right corner of the side panel.
Each map has the following settings:
- Default view. Select the default view for a map. This is the view that will automatically load when someone visits the map.
- Default element behavior. Set whether new elements should be fixed or floating. Learn more about fixed and floating layouts.
- Default connection direction. Set whether new connections should be undirected, directed, or mutual.
- Undirected. No arrows will appear at either end of the connection.
- Directed. An arrow will appear at the To end of the connection.
- Mutual. Arrows will appear at both ends of the connection.
View settings are accessed via the Settings icon on the right side of the map. If you want to save, rename, duplicate, or delete a view, you can click the ellipsis icon ... in the upper right. You can also use that icon to set the default view for the current map.
To learn more about editing the view itself (for example, adding decorations, filtering, changing default settings, etc.), read the guide on View Editors.