What pricing plans does Kumu have?
Kumu charges you based on two factors:
- 2.The number of private projects you have in your workspace
A workspace is like a folder in which you store your Kumu projects. Each of these folders has a unique name and billing profile. You can either be the sole owner of a workspace, or, if you have a Pro workspace, you can share the workspace with others. If you click on the Workspaces tab in your Dashboard, you can see all the workspaces that you're a part of.
The Basic workspace is the default workspace that you get when you open an account. The Basic workspace is free and has all basic features to use Kumu. Within a Basic workspace you can have both public or private projects. Learn about the difference between public and private projects in this guide.
Public projects are always free and unlimited. Private projects on the Basic workspace are $9 per private project per month (or $86.40 per private project per year).
You can choose to upgrade your Basic workspace to a Pro workspace. Pro workspaces are optimized for collaboration, which makes them a great fit for teams of people that have several active Kumu users. Here are the additional benefits of Pro:
- Fine-tuned permissions. You can add collaborators to your projects with certain "rights" (view-only, edit, or admin).
- Private project archiving. Have private projects you want to continue to share through Kumu but don’t need to edit? Simply archive the project and you’ll no longer need to pay for it.
- Project-wide activity feed. Collaborating with a large team to build out your map? Use the activity feed to keep tabs on who’s making each change across your project.
- Real-time, embedded comments. You’ve done the work of building your map, let us do the heavy lifting to collect the feedback. Engage in discussions and link them to specific elements, connections, and loops. Use comments to brainstorm ideas and make it easy for others to give feedback while you’re building out your map.
- Hourly backups, retained for six months. Map freely, knowing you have backups of your project data in case you make a mistake.
- Customized branding. Replace Kumu's logos with your own to align your projects with your brand.
- Google Analytics tracking. See how many people are visiting your maps, what items those people are clicking on, and when all that activity is happening.
Pro workspaces have a flat fee of $10 per month (or $96 per year), which includes unlimited public projects.
Private projects in a Pro workspace are $20 per private project per month (or $192 per private project per year).
$9 per project per month
$20 per project per month
Custom project branding
Project activity feeds
Real-time project commenting
Private project archiving
Google Analytics tracking
Note that you can pay montly or annually. If you choose the annual plan, you get a 20% discount included in the final price. Click here for more information.
Kumu Enterprise has the same software and features as the standard Kumu.io offering, but you can keep your activity fully separate and isolated from the activity of everyone else who uses Kumu.
Enterprise is the right choice for teams that are working with highly sensitive data and need deep control over how it's secured—more control than you get when uploading data to Kumu.io. Enterprise versions are also a great option for teams that are legally required to store their data in a specific geographic location (Kumu.io stores data across the world).
Kumu Enterprise is priced per package of 5 seats (users that can edit, you'll still have unlimited viewers), and it is billed annually.
Find more information about Enterprise here. You can reach out to [email protected] for a personalized quote.