How do I get rid of duplicate elements?
If you find a few duplicates in your map, it’s best to delete them by hand by selecting the duplicate and clicking the trash icon in the sidebar.
If you find lots of duplicates in your map, try following these steps to remove them:
- Check to see whether you have duplicate labels in your import spreadsheet. We reconcile based on the combination of label AND type for imports (check out this handy guide for detecting duplicates).
- Remove any unwanted duplicates in your spreadsheet.
- In your map, hit
ato select all elements and connections. Delete them by clicking on the trash icon in the left sidebar.
- Click the menu in the upper left to access the project settings and then click on "trash".
- Click “destroy all” to empty the trash and prepare your map for a fresh import.
- Re-import your spreadsheet into your map.
Still struggling? Check out the how to avoid duplicates in my map?.